What is Android Jelly Bean ?Android 4.1, Jelly Bean, is the fastest and smoothest version of Android yet. Jelly Bean improves on the simplicity and beauty of Android 4.0, and introduces a new Google search experience on Android.
Here I would like to share best of Jelly Bean.
- With Android Beam, you can now easily share your photos and videos.
- Instantly pair your phone or tablet to Bluetooth devices like headsets or speakers that support the Simple Secure Pairing standard by just tapping them together.
Browser and WebView
- Browser has better HTML5 video support, and has a new user experience. Just touch the video to play and pause, and smoothly transition into and out of fullscreen mode.
- Browser supports the updated HTML5 Media Capture specification on input elements.
- WebView supports vertical text, including Ruby Text and other vertical text glyphs.
- Face Unlock is faster and more accurate, and startup is smoother with a new animation.
- You can improve face matching accuracy by calibrating your face in different conditions and with different accessories (e.g. hat, glasses).
- Face Unlock can now optionally require a 'blink' to verify that a live person is unlocking the device rather than a photo.
- New embedded speech recognizer lets you use Voice Typing even when you don't have an Internet connection.
- Device encryption is now more reliable, and periodically reminds you to decrypt your device. Now, SMS messages and calls are declined when waiting for decryption.
- You can long press the 'Power Off' option in the power menu to boot your device to safe mode.
- A new 'Reset app preferences' button lets you quickly reset default applications for specific activities, background data restrictions, notifications suppressions, and more.
- A redesigned dialog with larger icons lets you intuitively choose your preferred application for specific activities.
- Google Apps Device Policy on your device may now override the 'keep screen awake' option from developer settings.
- You can take action on notifications directly from the redesigned notifications shade.
- Notifications from the same application are grouped together, and the first item is automatically expanded. You can also pinch notifications to expand or collapse them.
- You get an image preview in notifications after taking a screenshot. You can quickly share the screenshot directly from the notification.
- You can lock automatic display rotation from the notifications shade on 7" tablets.
- For Wi-Fi only devices, quickly see the SSID of the access point you're connected to from the notifications shade.
- You can touch-hold a notification to identify the application that created it and turn off notifications from that application if needed, as well as uninstall the application.
Camera and Gallery
- You can swipe from the camera viewfinder to quickly review photos you've taken without having to leave the camera app. You can swipe back to the camera viewfinder to start snapping photos again.
- When viewing photos in Gallery, you can pinch to zoom out to enter "filmstrip mode" and rapidly review photos. When viewing photos in filmstrip mode, you can swipe up or down to delete an individual photo. You can also undo the delete with a single tap.
- When taking a photo, a new animation sweeps your photo off the screen. There is a new paging animation when swiping between photos.
- Camera features a new animation for switching between the front-facing and back cameras.
- When focusing on an object in Camera, a new animation gives you visual feedback on your focus state.
- Gallery features a new animation when selecting a photo from within the album view and back.
- Everything in Jelly Bean feels fast, fluid, and smooth. Moving between home screens and switching between apps is effortless, like turning pages in a book.
- Jelly Bean features improved performance throughout the system, including faster orientation changes, faster responses when switching between recent apps, and smoother and more consistent rendering across the system through vsync and triple buffering.
- Jelly Bean has more reactive and uniform touch responses, and makes your device even more responsive by boosting your device's CPU instantly when you touch the screen, and turns it down when you don't need it to improve battery life.
- Nexus 7 is powered by Android 4.1, Jelly Bean. Android is now faster and more intuitive than ever !