Orange unveiled the San Diego, a new high-performance Android smartphone powered by Intel inside, which will be available exclusively on Orange from 6th June nationwide.
The San Diego (previously codenamed ‘Orange Santa Clara’) is the first Intel powered smartphone to launch in Europe and will deliver users the latest in innovative smartphone capabilities at an affordable price point.
The handset is powered by the Intel Atom processor Z2460 and supports HSPA+ with the Intel XMM™ 6260 Platform. Together, these Intel solutions deliver users a fast and responsive browsing experience.
Instantly Smart and Fast with Intel Inside
When you live a busy lifestyle, a phone that’s fast helps you react quickly. The Orange San Diego smartphone with Intel Inside delivers super-responsive apps, fast web browsing, and seamless downloads, all in an instant, so you can keep up with life using a phone that keeps up with you.
Fast ProcessorThe Orange San Diego smartphone with Intel Inside delivers super-responsive apps, fast web browsing, and seamless downloads—in an instant—so you can focus on what’s important now.
Brilliant CameraHigh quality pictures are a snap with an advanced 8MP HD camera. Capture 10 images per second so you never miss the best shot, even in challenging environments.
Automated Power Management
From the home screen, the San Diego will come with quick link access to:
- Orange Wednesdays: 2-4-1 cinema ticket app – allowing you to read reviews, watch trailers as well as redeem 2-4-1 vouchers all from your handset
- Your Orange: To help customers keep up to date and manage their Orange account
- Orange Gestures: Allowing users to draw natural and intuitive gestures on their home screen which can give one-stroke access to their favourite applications or services
- The phone will come with an eight megapixel camera, capable of 1080p video recording which also includes a Burst Mode. Up to ten pictures can be taken in a single second, and you’ll be able to pick the best one out to keep.
- 16GB of memory is onboard, and
- Orange is also including HD Voice for crystal clear calls.
- The screen measure 4.03-inches with a 1024×600 resolution, and
- A-GPS and
- Bluetooth 2.1.
- Orange is placing an emphasis on how good the quality is for the section of the market it’s launching in.