1. In the next three years, up to 25% of the world's new workers will be Indian !
2. Half the world’s outsourced IT services come from India, amounting to a $47 billion dollar industry !
3. Walmart alone outsources $1 billion in IT contracts to India !
4. India is the world's second largest importer of arms and has spent $50 billion on defense purchases in the last decade !
5. The average Indian is nearly 20 years younger than the average Japanese (26 vs 45) !
6. In recent decades, 500,000 female births have gone missing each year due to (illegal) sex selection and abortion !
7. India used to account for 33% of the world's GDP; then fell to 3%; now may rise to 25% !
India led the world in GDP before the industrial revolution, when population meant productivity, and India had the largest population. Following the industrial revolution, India entered a long period of economic stagnation.
The future outlook comes from Goldman Sachs, which sees India passing the U.S. economy in 2050, trailing only China.